To provide advanced knowledge and develop competencies on RDBMS activities with Multi-user and Single-user DBMS applications.
• Executive Officers.
• Management Assistants.
• Any other work groups at Sri Lanka Ports Authority.
• Any other interested external applicants
- Introduction to the Data Base Management Systems
- Discuss the drawbacks of File Base vs Data Base Management Systems
- Introduction to Relational Data Base Management Systems
- Design and Develop Data Bases with Entity Relationship Diagram (ER)
- Design and Develop Data Bases with Normalization
- Develop Databases with Single-user Application (Microsoft Office Access)
- Discuss other Objects and features of Single-user DBMS
- Develop Databases with Multi-user User Application (My SQL)
- Discuss the features of SQL statements
- Develop SQL statements for Create, Insert, Delete, Update events
All the sessions will be lectured followed by the practicals, discussions, assignments, case studies and individual evaluation