This syllabus loves the requirements of the STCW 2010 convention and minimum standard of competence in personal survival techniques, a trainee will be able to survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment.
- The trainee will be able to :
- Don a life jacket
- Don and use an immersion suit
- Safety jump form a height into the water
- Right and inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket
- Swim while wearing a life jacket
- Keep afloat without a life jacket
- Board a survival craft from ship and while wearing a life jacket.
- Take initial action on boarding life boat to enhance chance of survival
- Stream a life boat drogue or sea-anchor
- Operate survival craft equipment
- Operate location devices, including radio equipment
Lectures, Demonstration, Practical, Orals